Free Udemy Coupon: Globalization : Overcoming The Challenges
Globalization is the turbulent background each of you will face throughout your successful career.
What you’ll learn
- Six main takeaways of this MOOC on Globalization
- 1. Assessing the risks and opportunities of globalization regarding cross-cultural management
- 2. Understanding the spill-over effects of macroeconomic and geopolitical volatility on business strategy
- 3. Looking at long-term trends, beyond quarterly reporting, with cross-country comparisons and historical perspectives
- 4. Working in a multi-cultural team, while transforming information and data into economic intelligence
- 5. Benefiting from the expertise of a team of professional instructors who combine strong academic skills and operational experience: globalization is a concrete and dynamic process
- 6. Combining a wide range of challenging activities, including online group discussions, collective news mash-ups, team reports, interviews, rankings and ratings
- Prior academic knowledge or operational experience are not required. Motivation, tenacity, team work, and a willingness to learn are essential. Ideally, you’ll join the class with at least a rough idea of the post WWII international economic system and its institutional framework (World Bank, IMF, UN system. OECD). A bit of preparatory work and warming up is strongly recommended: start to read and absorb breaking news and data regarding globalization because you will be expected to participate in lively and mutually fruitful debates.
The seminar aims at assessing the challenges and key opportunities of the globalized market economy. Throughout this MOOC, we shall tackle not only competitiveness, risk management or financial flow issues, but also governance, geopolitical turmoil and sustainable development. Indeed, the global crisis casts light on a key challenge of globalization, namely, providing a social and long-time horizon to the market economy.
Author(s): Michel-Henry Bouchet, Mlanie Ciussi, Mehmet Donmez, Anke Middelmann, Pegah